Snort mailing list archives

Snort/Mysql/ACID/MS PWS help

From: "NN C" <d8da () operamail com>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 08:53:07 +0800

I know most people do not like Microsoft and the Windows product line, however, this is what I have to work with to
learn.

I have installed:

Win98 SE
WinPcap 3.0.a
snort 1.9.0-win32
mysql 3.23.52
ACID 0.9.6b21
php 4.2.3
adodb 190
phplot 4.4.6
DBTools manager
Microsoft personal Web Server 4.0 for Windows 98
a few plugins...

all on dial-up (currently no NIc installed, but coming...)

I have ran several tests of snort to get familiar with the snort. After successfuly installing mysql, I ran snort and
get output in the databse. QUESTION 1: how do you post process this information to read it before using ACID?

I tried several things to get ACID going, but no success there. Is there any information I skipped in google as to how
to run ACID and snort and mysql using the simple MS personal web server? I also downloaded apache for win32, but before
I go installing all this other stuff to play with my snort results, I want to know I did everything possible with what
I already have.

Help please... ( I am quickly becoming a linux baby, but for now it is easier to learn in windows)

d8da