Snort mailing list archives

Re: Out of Office AutoReply: Signature Database is Gone [OT or Administrivia?]

From: "J. Craig Woods" <drjung () trismegistus net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 15:17:33 -0500

Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 01:56:26PM -0500, Moyer, Shawn wrote:

As an aside, here at my company we have the auto-reply stuff configured at
the server level to work on internal mails only. Out-of-office replies to
external parties make you a sitting duck for social engineering. Suprising
that this hasn't occured to folks who are subscribed to a security mailing
list.

There's a nice article by RUS-CERT about exactly that.
http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/ticker/article.php?mid=882

Hey, great page! Just one problem for me. I do not read German. And that
is why E. Husserl has always both intrigued and perplexed me.

Thanks,
drjung

--
J. Craig Woods