Snort mailing list archives

Acid and Mysql with Snort

From: "Hall, Duane" <Duane.Hall () hastings-ent com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 14:51:39 -0500

I have a speed issue with ACID.  To give a little background:  I was using snort to capture packets for the Internet
team to help diagnose an issue.  The only problem is they started stress testing without telling me.  So between 8:00am
and lunch, snort and Mysql logged about 2.5 million of these packets.  I am proud to say it didn't loose a single
packet.  Now my problem.  Mysql and ACID are slow.  It takes upwards of 2 - 5 minutes to run a query.  Are there any
performance tuning scripts available for Mysql and the snort database. For now these logged packets aren't needed, so I
am removing them from the database.  My question is what If the database ever has this issue again.

Duane

Duane Hall
Security Administrator
Hastings Entertainment