Snort mailing list archives

RE: Logging to Both Syslog and MySql

From: "Uhte, Russ" <RussU () RP-L com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 14:47:26 -0500

Dave
What has to be done is to recompile the snort code ....  Or get a copy of
the recompiled Snort code that tells snort not to override other outputs
when starting with the -s switch...  And then start snort from the command
line with -s xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:514  I might still have a copy of the
recompiled snort.exe lying around somewhere if you're interested.  However,
with the recompiled version, I couldn't start snort as a service, so I
choose not to use it!!
-Russ