Snort mailing list archives

RE: How does Snort protect itself ?

From: "Semerjian, Ohanes" <Semerjian.Ohanes () wcom com au>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 08:06:09 +0800

I agree 100% with twig les, best way to protect the sensor is by harnding
the OS (install only mini required packages for the sensor to function)
apply patches, close all ports and leave only thats required, use IPless
interface and one admin interface which u could ssh to connect to it, run
file integrity tools like AID (similar to Tripwire but its free).

Best Regards

Ohanes Semerjian

PGP kEY
6604 2A46 E64F BEBF A4B7  9D01 9E08 399C 9D45 3254