Snort mailing list archives

Automating Sensor Installation

From: Darren Young <darren_young () yahoo com>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 13:59:40 -0700 (PDT)

I've been in the market for a while for a dedicated
Linux sensor distro but have not found one. I have
several customers that I have installed Snort for and
have tired of installing Linux each and every time.
I'd like a distro that places linux on the hardware
(fairly standard), installs snort and leaves a simple
config script there at the end for me to configure the
rest with.

If anyone knows of such a beast, please let me know.
Otherwise, I am already building one based on
Slackware and am around 50% done. If you want to help
out, let me know.

What other distros are fairly simple to automate? I've
done RedHat before, but I really don't want all their
crap on a sensor. Just a really plain and simple
release.

=====
** Darren Young                                           **
** UNIX, Network & Security Consultant                    **
** YHL Solutions                                          **
** darren_young () yahoo com                                 **
** PGP: 6BAF 11AC D6D4 4F4F A94A C5AC 5926 5FC1 8A9F CC6D **
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
http://launch.yahoo.com