Snort mailing list archives

Re: Price for "vanilla Snort" (no bells and whistles)

From: Glenn Larsson <ichinin () swipnet se>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 03:44:36 +0200

dr.kaos wrote:
I wrote:
Is there a "for commercial purposes" version of snort (without the
above stuff) that i could buy or...?!?!?

For what reason are you not interested in the existing open source
version of Snort?

No no. What i was thinking about was if i could install snort on a box,
sell that box to customer X for self cost, then charge that customer for
monitoring his/her network on a monthly basis.

From the responses i recieved, it looks like i can do that. I just
wanted to know if the original author(s) wanted anything or not for me
using it as a monitoring tool, which would be classified as "for
commercial use". I'm a developer myself so i hate it when people don't
pay for stuff i've written (unless i've released it as "free stuff").

Thanks,
Glenn