Snort mailing list archives

Price for "vanilla Snort" (no bells and whistles)

From: Glenn Larsson <ichinin () swipnet se>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 11:30:58 +0200

Hi.

The Snort license speaks of snort as free (as in sourcecode) and not
price; i'm wondering - is sourcefire the only current provider of a
commercial snort?

What if i do not need the Management console or hardware or any support
that sourcefire provide, i just the packet driver and the IDS engine.

Is there a "for commercial purposes" version of snort (without the above
stuff) that i could buy or...?!?!?

Anyone have an answer?

Regards,
Glenn

(P.S> No, don't get me wrong, I'm ready to pay for using snort, but
$10000 per sensor is WAY too much for my budget, and i currently have no
use for the extra stuff (hardware+support))