Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort DB configuration

From: "Mike Macias" <mike.macias () caci-nsg com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 14:32:04 -0400

Did you compile snort with mysql support?

./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql
make
make install

  Hi there,
  I am running Snort 1.8.6 and using mysql as the database

  However I am getting the following error when trying to run snort:

  "mysql support is not compiled in this copy"

  mysql is installed properly, tables have been created successfully, a user (snort) with full access to the database
has been created

  The following entry has been put in the snort.conf file:

  output database: alert, mysql, user=snort dbname=snort password=password host=localhost

  However the same thing works with snort-1.8.3

  Thanks for your help,
  Byas