Snort mailing list archives

Snort DB configuration

From: MOHESOWA BYAS <BYASMOHESOWA () sbm intnet mu>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 19:15:37 +0400

Hi there,
I am running Snort 1.8.6 and using mysql as the database

However I am getting the following error when trying to run snort:

"mysql support is not compiled in this copy"

mysql is installed properly, tables have been created successfully, a user
(snort) with full access to the database has been created

The following entry has been put in the snort.conf file:

output database: alert, mysql, user=snort dbname=snort password=password
host=localhost

However the same thing works with snort-1.8.3

Thanks for your help,
Byas

This message contains information which is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the
intended recipient, kindly delete this message from your mailbox. Any views
expressed in this message are those of the individual writer/sender unless
otherwise stated.