Snort mailing list archives

snort-1.8.3 compile with GCC.....!!!!

From: Sixonetonoffun1 () aol com
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 18:54:12 EST

re:> Hi,
  I tried compiling snort-1.8.3 with ANSI C compiler on HP-UX 11.00, but
configure creates makefile for win32 ( i had already put a mail regarding
this issue). Now I am trying luck with gcc. I am getting the following
error

This is funny I'm trying to compile on win2k.
Tried using nmake first no go.
Installed cygwin to try gcc and I get almost
the exact same error as PAD. Am I missing something
cause its all greek to me?
I just wanted to edit snort.c to to enable logging of
alerts to alert.ids and MySQL both.
See post from Snort siliconedefense board.

http://snort.rapidnet.com/topic.asp?topic_id=2165&forum_id=3&Topic_Title=MySQL%2BIDS+alarm&forum_title=Snort+Lounge&M=False&S=True

This is the error I get running nmake
F:\WINNT>nmake /f F:\snort\src\win32\WIN32-Prj\makefile CFG="snort - Win32 MSSQ
 Release" (based on "Win32 (x86) Console Application")

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 1.50
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp 1988-94. All rights reserved.

F:\snort\src\win32\WIN32-Prj\makefile(1737) : fatal error U1088: invalid separa
or '::' on inference rule
Stop.

This error running ./configure on cygwin..

$ cd /snort-1.8.4-beta1

$ ./configure --build=win32
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot cr
eate executables

                   Peter