Snort mailing list archives

swatch/snort config

From: "Edwin Pua" <edwin1118 () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:44:30 +0000

Hi Sandro,

i have installed the swatch rpm package and other perl dependent packages with no error. i've made some changes in the /etc/swatch/swatch.conf based on your guideline.

 but i got an error mesg when i tried to run /usr/bin/swatch.

      swatch: cannot read /root/.swatchrc
      swatch: using default configuration of:
                 watchfor = /.*/
                 echo = random

btw, what is the purpose of swatch_old2newrc? is this the program that runs the swatch.conf? sorry for this coz i am puzzled with the error mesg i got.

  thanx for ur help.

rgds,
Edwin