Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort / Demarc Binary Missing?

From: "Jake Babbin" <jbabbin () captechventures com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 19:05:18 -0500

Kevin,
Are you running into this problem with the demarc clients on win32
platform? There is a somewhat addressed issue with these clients on
win32 due to the snort binary being used. If you intall the demarc
client into say "C:\demarc" versus the "C:\program
files\puresecure\demarc". Then the demarc validation should work
otherwise just wait until the next demarc release or enter the
snort.conf that you want. Just remember that demarc snort needs the
.rules files in the same directory as the snort binary.

Hope this helps,
Jake Babbin

Jake Babbin
Network/Security Administrator