Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort DB clean

From: Frank Carreiro <fcarreiro () loweryinc com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 13:45:53 -0700

There should be some cleaner way to do this. I've been looking at the tables created and believe there must be some day to use the delete command and delete based on the timestamp. I noticed a "cis" field in the tablespaces. Looks like some sort of index. Should be able to build something referencing that.

I'll play with it now and then. It's rather low on my priority list (for now). Sooner or later I'll have to get serious about it though. For now I've simply used phpMyadmin to drop certain signatures then optimize the database. It works but still a dirty way to maintain the MySql database.

Frank

Message: 2