Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort DB clean

From: Claudiu Ionescu <jones () rdsnet ro>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 16:25:28 +0200

At the extreme you can drop the database and create it again:).... just add few lines
at the begining of the create_database script. For mySQL would be something like :

DROP DATABASE IF EXISTS snort;
CREATE DATABASE snort;
GRANT INSERT,SELECT on snort.* to snortuser@localhost;
USE snort;
 here the original create_mysql

Chris Green wrote:

HelpdeskNetbrahma <HelpdeskNB () netbrahma com> writes:

Hi,

We have configured Snort with mysql database. Can anybody suggest a way to
clean the old data from database periodically, we came across
snort_cleandb.pl, but could not find downalods.
  Will be great help if anybody can suggest alternate for the same r the
location of download for snort_cleandb.pl

Thanks in advance

I wrote that quite a while ago when playing with different logging
methods of snort and I doubt it even works on current
versions of the the database schema.  If anyone wants to take over
maintence of it, just drop me a line and it's all yours :-)

Right now, if it breaks, you get to keep both pieces :)

                       Name: snort_cleandb.pl
   snort_cleandb.pl    Type: Perl Program (application/x-perl)
                   Encoding: base64