Snort mailing list archives

Re: FW: Two questions...

From: "J. C. Woods" <drjung () sprynet com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 12:34:12 -0500

Bob Walder wrote:

Like I said - I am not Linux bashing - it is an excellent OS and I do not
intend to be drawn into any further religious arguments.

What I am saying - and probably a bit harshly initially, I admit, but I was
trying to rattle off a reply whilst extremely busy - is that OS choice
should be strictly "horses for courses" not "my OS is better than your OS".

In our TESTING, we have proved FreeBSD 4.3 to be a more stable and better
performing platform for Snort 1.8.1 than Red Hat Linux 7.1.

That's all.

Beyond that, YMMV

Regards,

Bob

Ya, but, when I consider the theological significance implicit in your
argument, would I then be able to discern an ontological differentiation
between your choice and my choice?

--
J. Craig Woods
UNIX/NT SA