Snort mailing list archives

Pig Sentry: new version

From: brandon () roguetrader com
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 12:53:50 -0600

I have made some updates to the program Pig Sentry announced last week,
which distills the snort alert output and sends notification in real time
of trends and changes.  I appreciate the feetback and support from
everybody.  The new version is available at:

    http://www.proetus.com/products/pigsentry/

Changes include:

    Changes since 1.0:

        * improved the trend handling bits
        * classified notification into alert and warn status.
        * a throttle for a rapidly increasing spike to send less notifies
        * a pidfile manager
        * added an example notify hook for sending email

-Brandon Gillespie