Snort mailing list archives

Re: re: Professionalism

From: Jeff Nathan <jeff () snort org>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 01:09:43 -0800

Mark Rowlands wrote:

     ;-)

I was being humorous......

Just in case you don't get it..... I love snort, I use it at home, at work,
on my laptop even, under FreeBSD and under  Win2k  (when need drives).
I recommend it's use whenever I can and where it is appropriate.

Groovy.  I get it :)

As to professionalism, a much over used term these days, some operating
systems even describe themselves as "Professional". Shhessh, I'd want to
avoid that tag.....

If you were offended, then I apologise, I have nothing but  love and respect
for all the Snort team.

I wasn't offended, just momentarily annoyed with the situation.

Feel free to cc this to the snort list if you desire.

Good idea, I didn't mean to single you out or pick on you (especially
since you were making a joke) so I did want to clear that up.

I knew you were being humorous, my stupidass mail client clobbered my
attempt at sending a response which was considerably less curt (sorry
'bout that).  No reason to apologize, it's my forked tongue that can
scathe at times.

-Jeff

Mark

--
With clothes the new are best, with friends the old are best.

--
http://jeff.wwti.com            (pgp key available)
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."