Snort mailing list archives

RE: Barnyard questions

From: "Jason Lewis" <jlewis () packetnexus com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 18:44:51 -0500

Previously I wasn't using the waldo file.  I decided to try it out and after
I HUP'ed snort, I could see the waldo file had the new spool files in it.

So my issues with losing the connection to the db may be related to
something else.

Does barnyard keep a connection to the db only when inserting data or is it
always connected?  At least what is the target behavior?

Jason Lewis
http://www.packetnexus.com
It's not secure "Because they told me it was secure".
The people at the other end of the link know less
about security than you do. And that's scary.