Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard questions

From: "Andrew R. Baker" <andrewb () snort org>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 10:24:46 -0800

Jason Lewis wrote:

If I HUP snort, do I need to restart barnyard?

I am seeing inconsistent behavior, snort continues to log to the spool file,
but barnyard doesn't seem to be reading from them. Barnyard continues to
run, but there are no connections to the database.  If I kill barnyard and
start it back up, everything is ok.

I thought maybe it was related to HUP'ing snort....

HUP'ing Snort should not cause barnyard any problems.  However, it is
easily possible that there are bugs that would cause this to happen.
Hopefully I can get some time to correct all of the current issues with
barnyard this weekend and create a new beta release.

-Andrew