Snort mailing list archives

RE: brut force attack not detected

From: "Matthew Francis" <mf () in-tuition co uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:34:08 +0100

I've heard of this configuration a lot, but isnt it a security risk having
one nic connected to the DMZ and another connected to the internal LAN?  If
someone were to comprimise this system in the DMZ they would have access to
your LAN without having to 'break' the firewall(s).  I understand that you
can harden the Snort box but its still another way in.

-----
Matthew Francis
mf () in-tuition co uk
http://www.In-Tuition.co.uk