Snort mailing list archives

Re: Questions about database (PostgreSQL)

From: Hugh Fraser <hugh_fraser () dofasco ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 08:00:56 -0400

Have a look at the ACID project home page
(http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~rdanyliw/snort/snortacid.html). They have an
Entity-Relationship diagram describing the Snort tables, including the Snort
DB extra tables along with (of course) the tables ACID uses.

Jed Pickel wrote:

Hey Deven,

If you are using version 1.8 -- a reference to the signature is stored
in event.signature. That reference maps to signature.sig_id. The bulk
of the rest of the tables are tied together with the primary key of
signature id "sid" and count id "cid". Let me know if you have any
other questions.

I'll put together a diagram this next weekend and put it up on
www.incident.org/snortdb to make some of the more subtle relations
more obvious.

Regards,

* Jed