Secure Coding mailing list archives

Software Security and Business

From: gem at cigital.com (Gary McGraw)
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 12:07:43 -0400

hi sc-l,

We all know that justifying our activities from a business perspective is essential to a healthy and successful
software security initiative.  Real data helps.  In the Boardroom, numbers are king.

Jim Routh (CSO of KPMG and ex CSO of DTCC) and I wrote this month's informIT article about demonstrating software
security business value at DTCC.  This is a case study of one very successful software security initiative.

How DTCC Builds Better Software and at a Lower Cost
http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1357183

For more about DTCC's software security initiative, also listen to Reality Check episode 2:
http://www.cigital.com/realitycheck/show-002/

As always, we welcome your feedback.

gem

company www.cigital.com