Secure Coding mailing list archives

Insecure Java Code Snippets

From: secureCoding2dave at davearonson.com (SC-L Reader Dave Aronson)
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 09:15:54 -0400

ljknews <ljknews at mac.com> wrote:
At 12:47 PM -0500 5/7/09, Brad Andrews wrote:
Quoting ljknews <ljknews at mac.com>:
At 5:49 PM -0500 5/6/09, Brad Andrews wrote:
Try a few of the PC-Lint bugs, if you ever wrote C/C++ code.
They can be really hard to figure out,
And yet people keep choosing those programming languages.
They offer quite a bit of power in exchange for the danger.
I would be interested in hearing what they can do that cannot
be done in Ada.

It's rarely (I won't say never!) a question of what *can't* be done in
language X or Y.  Usually, it's about what's *easier* to do in X or Y.
 Sometimes the security tradeoff is worth taking the hard way, but
sometimes the choice is to the point of being at all practical or not.

-Dave, making good progress on the job hunt, thanks in part to people here

--
Dave Aronson, software engineer soon to be for hire.
Looking for job (or contract) in Washington DC area.