Secure Coding mailing list archives

By default, the Verifier is disabled on .Net and Java

From: gem at cigital.com (Gary McGraw)
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 10:12:24 -0400

An interesting experiment on cracking verifiers was performed about ten years ago by brian bershad at the university of
washington.  The paradigm used comparative testing on multiple verifiers to find discrepancies.

This is covered in securing java as well.

Funny how I became interested in software security because of java security.  We're coming full circle.

gem
www.cigital.com/~gem
www.swsec.com