Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re: Credentials for Application use

From: Dave Aronson <secureCoding2dave () davearonson com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 14:31:22 +0100

"Gizmo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

the efficacy of the encryption is of some question.
Basically, it keeps honest people honest.

Sounds a little better than I thought, but I'd still be worried about the
owner name leaking into less honest hands.

1)  The app is architected around the Btrieve DB, with uses a
proprietary API.  We can argue the merits of that until the cows come
home, but it probably isn't relevant to this list.

Right, though come to think of it, the whole question is borderline
off-topic, seeing as this is *Secure* Coding, not *Security*
Coding.  :-)