Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re: Mobile phone OS security changing?

From: Michael Silk <michaelslists () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 15:22:01 +0100

The last thing I want is my mobile phone updating itself. I imagine
that sort of operation would take up battery power, and possibly cause
other interruptions ... (can you be on a call and have it update
itself?)

Personally, I would prefer a phone that doesn't connect to the
internet at all rather than a so called 'secure' phone.

From reading the article it seems like the application asks to be
installed, (is that correct?) so it doesn't seem like that big of a
problem [unless phones start to get into the 'trusted'/'non-trusted'
application area..]

-- Michael