Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re: ACM Queue article and security education

From: ljknews <ljknews () mac com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 21:19:55 +0100

At 9:10 AM -0700 7/1/04, Blue Boar wrote:

Language X may very well be a much better starting point, I don't know.  I do believe that it will never be properly
looked at until the whole world starts using it for everything, though.

I think it will be properly considered when the most strict portion of the
software world is using language X.   I have used many programs where the
flaws in the program make it clear that I care not one whit about whether
the authors of that program have opinion about anything I might use. They
are simply not competent, either as individuals or else as an organization.
--
Larry Kilgallen