Politech mailing list archives

FC: Microsoft slashes witness list in half, but will call Ballmer

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:40:21 -0400

From Microsoft yesterday:

After reviewing the progress made so far in our case as well as assessing the States' witnesses and what we believe are short-comings in the States' case, Microsoft has decided that we will not call several individuals who were originally designated to be witnesses in the remedy proceedings.

This afternoon, we informed the Court and opposing counsel that the following eight will not be called to testify in this case.

Mitchell Hill           Avanade

John Johnston        August Capital

Philip Schoonover  Best-Buy

Steven Silva           Charter Communications

Richard Fade          Microsoft Senior Vice President OEM Division

Roger Needham      Managing Director at Microsoft Research

Jeff Raikes Microsoft Group Vice President, Business Productivity Division

Brian Valentine       Microsoft Senior Vice President, Windows Division

We will continue with the cross-examination of Robert Short tomorrow. The following are our remaining witnesses.

Jim Allchin           Microsoft Group Vice President, Platforms Division

Linda Averett Product Unit Manager, Windows Digital Media Platform Division

Steve Ballmer       Microsoft Chief Executive Officer

John Bennett Professor of Computer Science and Computer Engineering, University of Colorado;

Gayle Brock         OEM Account Manager

Kenneth Elzinga    Professor of Economics, University of Virginia

Tom Green Assistant Attorney General, State of California (we will use portions of his deposition)

Stuart Madnick Professor of Engineering Systems, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Will Poole            Vice President, Windows Digital Media