Politech mailing list archives

FC: New sites protest march of European copyright directive

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:43:52 -0400

See also, launched yesterday (in German):
EU member states must amend their copyright laws this year. All in all, we
are facing the equivalent to the US Digital Millenium Copyright Act.

Today we started an initiative on the net to rescue the right to make private
copies  (european version of fair use): www.privatkopie.net

During the first 3 hours we had 6000 visitors and 70.000 hits. 3895 people
sent an email to the German chancellor. Since 4pm we get timeouts. The
chancellor's mailbox seems to be full or regards our interest as a DOS attack.

-Declan

---