Politech mailing list archives

FC: CDC.gov requires cookies, apparently in violation of WH order

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 09:42:32 -0700

I replicated what Twila found. Now, cookies, especially session cookies, aren't anywhere near as awful as many people think, but there are two points worth noting: (1) CDC appears to be violating a White House directive from well over a year ago; (2) there's no reason a government site should reject your requests for information if you turn off cookies. Also see:

"Feds' hands caught in cookie jar, violating White House order"
http://www.politechbot.com/p-01247.html

-Declan

---