Politech mailing list archives

FC: ICANN responds to politech message about evicting .org owners

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 14:28:54 -0500

Also, Tuyet A. N. Tran writes in to say that the NYNMA's 3/6 privacy event has been postponed due to the nor'easter.

Below is a followup to:
http://www.politechbot.com/p-01787.html
http://www.politechbot.com/p-01774.html

-Declan

**********

From: "Andrew McLaughlin" <mclaughlin () pobox com>
To: <declan () well com>
Subject: RE: Why are ICANN-crats talking about evicting .org owners?
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 13:16:33 -0500

Declan:

We don't have any intention of kicking out existing domain name holders.
The idea is to turn over management of .org to some appopriate
organization/association/entity/whatever, which would then make decisions
about .org registration policy.

I'm always amazed by the amount of misreporting & hyperventilation about
domain name stuff -- this one's no exception.

--Andrew

andrew mclaughlin        |       chief policy officer & cfo
internet corporation for assigned names and numbers
<ajm () icann org>         |        <http://www.icann.org>

********