Politech mailing list archives

FC: U.S. Chamber of Commerce event in DC on ICANN, domains on 6/22

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 08:45:45 -0700

*******

From: "Lane, Rick" <RLane () USChamber com>
To: "'declan () well com'" <declan () well com>
Subject: Chamber New TLD Event
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 11:19:43 -0400
Can you post to your list?

Thanks.

I want to invite you and your colleagues to an event that we are hosting on June 22nd from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. regarding the rollout of the new top level domains (.biz, .info, .pro) at the US Chamber (1615 H St., NW). Presentations will be made by the Registries of .biz, .pro, and .info with a Q& A to follow.

Let me know if you or some one in your office will be able to attend. Also, if there are any other staffers you think might be interested, please feel free to forward this message.

Thanks.

Domains: The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is turning its attention to the technical aspects of the Internet and aims to help businesses learn about legal and regulatory issues emerging from the newly expanded Internet domain-name system. The chamber plans to host a conference June 22 to help familiarize businesses with the newly approved top-level domain names (TLDs) -- .biz, .info and .pro -- with the companies offering them and with the policies of the <<http://www.icann.org/>http://www.icann.org/> Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), which governs the domain-name system. "We want to begin to educate the business community about what is going on" with new TLDs, said Rick Lane, the chamber's director of e-commerce and Internet technology. Representatives from the three new domain registries are scheduled to deliver presentations at the conference.