Politech mailing list archives

FC: More on FBI demo of Carnivore -- and when it's used

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 10:53:01 -0400

[I copied the FBI's Marcus Thomas on my original post (http://www.politechbot.com/p-01448.html) but have not heard back. He or the appropriate person at the agency is welcome to reply and I will distribute the comments unedited. --Declan]

*******

Declan,
I was there for the presentation. There was a heated exchange between
Marcus and one ISP operator over whether or not the FBI would deploy
Carnivore without the ISP's agreement. Actually, heated is an
understatement, he called Marcus a "bald faced liar" (exact words).
If you use this, please keep my name confidential.
Thanks,
[snip]

********