Politech mailing list archives

FC: Excerpts from RISKS Digest: Y2K, Windows censoring cuss words

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 09:08:19 -0500

**********

Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 13:07:36 +0100
From: Debora Weber-Wulff <weberwu () tfh-berlin de>
Subject: Power-out in Y2K test

The Berlin newspaper "tageszeitung" from Dec. 11, 1999 reports on a Y2K test
conducted at the federal Department of Justice. The workers had been asked
to not use their computers from 14.00 on Friday. Good thing, since the tests
managed to shut down the power in the building. No one wants to make an
official statement on the subject, since the official German policy is that
"Everything is going to be all right".

http://www.taz.de/tpl/1999/12/11/a0131.fr/text?re=ba for those who read
German "Millennium-Bug im Justizministerium"

Prof. Dr. Debora Weber-Wulff, Technische Fachhochschule Berlin
weberwu () tfh-berlin de, http://www.tfh-berlin.de/~weberwu/