Politech mailing list archives

FC: More on Net taxes: Be careful what you ask for, by Kaye Caldwell

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 00:36:19 -0500

*********

Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 17:31:50 -0800
To: declan () well com
From: Kaye Caldwell <KCaldwell () Commerce Net>
Subject: Re: FC: Final report on Internet tax commission meeting

Declan,
   Good to see you again, you are right that was all too brief.

Speaking of fairness - you might find a recent article I wrote on this
subject
interesting. The theme is that main street merchants aren't really asking for
fairness - and that they might be dismayed by how much fairness they might
get.  It's at:
<http://www.commerce.net/resources/work/appc.html>http://www.commerce.net/r
esources/work/appc.html
under September 1999 and is called "A Message to Main Street Merchants: Be
Careful What you Ask For"

- Kaye