Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Penetration of HP/UX

From: Jan Muenther <jan.muenther () nruns com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 16:21:13 +0200

Paul's pointed out a lot of important aspects, but one thing to keep in
mind, too, are that it also depends on the platform whether a piece of
code actually compiles to a memory corruption condition or not. This is
particularly true with the more or less recent transition from 32 to 64
bit platforms, where such issues as pointer truncation kick in.

Just sayin'.

Cheers,
Jan