Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Openion on OSCP certification

From: Vedantam Sekhar <vedantamsekhar () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 15:23:28 +0530

Hi Guys,

I am planning of taking OSCP examination (offensive-security's). I
know equalent certifications are also available at SANS(GPEN or GCIH)
. OSCP is very economic compared to SANS in terms of pricing. But i
heard lots of people talking abt SANS certifications than OSCP. Please
give me your openion on how recognised is it in the industry?Is it
worth for what we are payingfor this course? How is the syllabus, does
it cover current attacks? or plain old technics which may not be
working in most of the current environments. suggest me if you know
any other good certifications...

Thanks,

--Sekhar