Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Professional Scrpt Kiddies vs Real Talent

From: Mike <xchimeras () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 21:04:35 -0500

Good discussion, but I feel both are equally important.  I mean when I
go to the Dr. for an xray the technician doesn't have a CLUE to how
the machine works, but he can push a button.  The Dr. doesn't have a
CLUE to how the machine works either, but he can hopefully interpret
the picture and give a proper diagnoses.  We all use tools for
pentesting and all that matters is that we can accurately and
intelligently interpret the data and we don't need to fully understand
how the tool works or gathers the data as long as we can make some
sense of it.  My Physics teacher used to laugh as he was responsible
for creating the MRI machine and he said Dr.'s don't know a damn thing
about how it works, but they get paid a LOT of money to read the
results where I got paid crap for building the tool.

Mike

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Stephen Mullins