Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Security Certifications for SOC team

From: FS <bastiji () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 01:00:15 -0500

I hold three of their certs, and haven't been a student at any of
their trainings. I did volunteer at one of their conferences early on
in my career which introduced me to the class and value of information
being shared there, however I found that for taking the exams, going
through their training wasn't necessary. Working now on my papers so I
can attempt the GSE.

I find SANS exams challenging, their approach sensible, and the value
for money spent tremendous.

HTH,
Faisal