Penetration Testing mailing list archives

FlowMatrix NBAD Freeware Security Tool 0.9.76 Released !

From: <chkrootkit2 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 09:46:03 -0500

Hello Community,

FlowMatrix is a software only based Network Behavior Anomaly Detection tool,
i.e. can be installed on a general purpose PC.

The product is a freeware with absolutely no strings attached
(no trials, no limits, no ads, etc) geared toward enthusiastic security community.
No marketing gimmicks and no unnecessary features that bloat the product.

We're releasing version 0.9.76 with the following major changes since
the previous (0.9.75) vesrion:

- added update functionality such that a user can check for updates from the
Web GUI and if available fetch if from our site.

Note: the updates will not require to unistall version 0.9.75 and beyond so it means
the valuable learned data will not be lost.
Users of 0.9.75 version are encouraged to update to 0.9.76 !

- improved anomaly IP's and ports identifications using experimental differential identification
techniques (shown in details under experimental section);

- speedup some DB operations during anomaly classification, additional indexing etc.

- added generation of strong password for PostgreSQL service windows account;

- PostgreSQL DB accepts only connections from local host;

- added ability for the user to add/delete ports used by different monitored application classes;

- minor bug fixes;

It can be downloaded from http://www.akmalabs.com/downloads_flowmatrix.php

We would welcome very much any feedback regarding FlowMatrix.

Please, check this site for more: http://www.akmalabs.com/flowmatrix.php

Give us your feedback: support () akmalabs com

Regards,

FlowMatrix Developers