Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Smartcard Security - Suggested Hardware

From: Matt Neely <matt-lists () matthewneely com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 00:07:31 -0500

Check out Makinterface (http://www.makinterface.com/) for smart card related hardware. They sell readers, card emulators and inline sniffers to see the data being passed between a smart card and a reader. They make quality hardware I've used on a couple of assessments, they also make a great magstripe analysis tool (http://www.makinterface.com/makstusbe.php3). The Smartcard Explores Set (http://www.makinterface.com/smartcre.php3) is a good starting point. Be warned they are located in Europe so give plenty of time for shipping.

The forums (http://www.makinterface.de/forum/) would also be a good place to research information on smartcards.

Cheers,
Matt

http://www.matthewneely.com/

bin4ry wrote:

Security Trends Report from Cenzic
Stay Ahead of the Hacker Curve!
Get the latest Q2 2008 Trends Report now

www.cenzic.com/landing/trends-report