Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Keylogger win/linux

From: eldraco <eldraco () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 22:41:10 -0300

hi all

some time ago, the si6 lab coded a sebek variation including keystroke
timestamps (for keystroke dynamics analysis) called 'tcleo', only for linux.

http://www.citefa.gov.ar/SitioSI6_EN/tcleo.htm

cheers

eldraco

El Friday 22 August 2008 08:01:18 Marco Ivaldi escribió:
Herman,

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008, administrator - wrote:
Hi there,

I am new to the pentesting field and currently busy with OSCP. I have
read a great number of books and publications. From all of this I
compiled a handy toolset. However I am missing a good keylogger.

[snip]

Beside the already mentioned THC-vlogger [1], you may want to give the
following Linux keyloggers a try:

http://pykeylogger.wiki.sourceforge.net/ (works also on Windows)
http://www.honeynet.org/tools/sebek/ (works on a wide range of platforms)
http://kambing.ui.edu/gentoo-portage/app-shells/bash/files/bash-3.0-bash-lo
gger.patch (old) http://sourceforge.net/projects/lkl/ (old)
http://gnu.ethz.ch/linuks.mine.nu/uberkey/ (old)

There's plenty of keyloggers for the Windows platform -- just google a bit
and pick up the one that seems to better fit your needs.

Alternatively, how about an hardware keylogger [2]?

Cheers,

[1] http://freeworld.thc.org/releases.php?o=2&q=THC-vlogger
     http://freeworld.thc.org/papers/writing-linux-kernel-keylogger.txt
[2] such as this one: http://www.keyghost.com/