Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Nessus - open or closed source?

From: Willie Kupersanin <wkupersa () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 10:11:04 -0500

Yes, Here is a CNET article on that issue...
http://news.com.com/Nessus+security+tool+closes+its+source/2100-7344_3-5890093.html

Serg B. wrote:
Hi All,
I don't recall where I read it, but... Something about Nessus going into
proprietry market and that future releases of the scanner will not be
available under GPL licence.

Could someone confirm that or...?

Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms, login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are futile against web application hacking. Check your website for vulnerabilities to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do! Download Trial at:

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831