Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: VMWare and which linux distro?

From: Eric Wilson <serw30 () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 06:13:13 -0800 (PST)

I use a minimal install of Suse for Vmware 4. I'd
rather still be using FreeBSD, but I wasn't smart
enough to get Vmware 4 working properly on it!

--- Maxime Rousseau <m.rousseau () cgi com> wrote:

Hi List,

I think a good portion of you guys use a
VMWare-Linux setup when doing
pen-test (for many reasons). The question i would
like to ask is, which
linux distribution works best for this specific
purpose ? Obviously you
dont need a distribution with many fency Xwin
features and preferably
good networking tools built-in.

I am uncertain about which would work best in this
particular scenario
and i really cant think of anyone better then you
guys to give me
insight.

Thanks,

-Maxime