Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: delving deeper

From: GuidoZ <uberguidoz () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 16:26:48 -0500

Well UberGuidoZ, you better go download the new version. =)

(O_o) New version? Mmmm, two of my favorite words. (Oh, that's Mr.
UberGuidoZ to you "DJ". =P )

 WHoppix 2.5 (based on knoppix 3.7)

Doh! I have (and was using) v2.5 - maybe I read wrong. (I thought it
said it was based on v3.6). Maybe it was v2.4. No matter - the I-Stick
works on Whoppix, just not Knoppix. And whatever version I had was
based on Knoppix v3.6, so it confused the hell outta me.

I had downloaded and burned Knoppix v3.7, though the MD5s didn't match
after the burn and it started giving me kernel errors on boot, so I
just dismissed it as a toasted CD. Will try it again. (Emailing from
v3.6 right now.)

Whoppix shows promise to be a very full-featured pen-testing kit.
Assuming it's kept up to date, it would be another CD I carry with me
on the job, and advise others to do. Something else I appreciated -
Java/Flash support right out of the box. Trivial to fix I know, but
it's nice to not have to do it. ;)

--
Peace. ~G

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:46:04 -0600, Todd Towles