Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Netstumbling

From: IndianZ <indianz () indianz ch>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 16:46:11 -0100

Hi Stonewall

Well - I work for the Swiss Airforce, and we test our Wireless LAN's ourself,
before "bad guys" will do it. I don't know about the law regulation in other
countries, but if you only scan by stumbling - and no connection is made -
it's legal in Switzerland. Even if the Wireless Area isn't protected, and
someone breaks it, it's legal - because our laws tell it's not unlawful when
it's not or only bad protected...

GreetZ from IndianZ

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003 09:14:44 -0500