Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Security Audit

From: "Roberts, Kevin S" <KSRobe1 () missi ncsc mil>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 17:40:36 -0400

Another critical thing to note is that some companies are having both Sr.
Auditors and trainees doing the security audit. You need to have the
companies provide resumes of the folks doing the audits if possible. To be
honest the number of hours is relative to the experience level of the
Auditor itself. You may get two mid level auditors that have a decent amount
of experience, but requires assistance. This of course is taken into account
when the companies bill the customer respectively. Not all companies are
this way, and I need to make that clear. However, I know from first hand
knowledge, that this is an issue.

My 2 cents, for what it is worth,