Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Problems on the DOS-Prompt

From: Tomi Tuominen <Tomi.Tuominen () F-Secure com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 09:38:35 +0300

Rainer Duffner wrote:
> I seem to habe problems with a netcat-bindshell on a plain-vanilla
> NT4SP6a. I can execute some commands, but some fail.
> E.g., I thought I could map drives with NET USE - but I only get
> some  4-digit error-code.
> I can upload files, get the SAM via rdisk, restart IIS etc.
> Even with hk.exe, NET USE fails. Is there an explanation ?

One can not mount network drives with system rights.

--T

--
 Tomi 'T' Tuominen
 F-Secure Corporation / Security Research

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/