Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Security Audit

From: "bacano" <bacano () esoterica pt>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 21:37:21 +0100

hi2all

From: "Phil Cracknell" <phil () orthus com>

We have a methodology and would not hesitate in giving it to our clients,
we
do so regularly, and we also abstract from this a detailed test plan for
them. These documents allow for some form of measurement in all of this
and
as a result if a cowboy tries to sell them a $500 remote scan they have
something to compare it too.

When a company is already a client, yes I agree. The example that made me
said that was regarding a proposal to a company that wasn't yet a customer
of the company I was working at the time, even so they get a nice overview.

The 'right' sort of client will have already identified that doing the job
themselves is not the right approach I would hope, regardless of how smart
their ass is.

Well, I hope that somebody 'there' is reading your words :>

[  ]'s bacano

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/